There are no articles in this category. If subcategories display on this page, they may have articles.
IMPORTANT: This document guides our dealers, boatbuilders, and company service personnel in the proper installation or service of our products. If you have not been trained in the recommended servicing or installation procedures for these or similar Mercury Marine products, have the work performed by an authorized Mercury Marine dealer technician. Improper installation or servicing of the Mercury product could result in damage to the product or personal injury to those installing or operating the product.
NOTE:After completing installation, place these instructions with the product for the owner's future use.
IMPORTANT: This decal set must be applied dry. Do not use a soap and water mixture to apply this decal set.
Special attention is required when applying decals to certain surfaces, including primed, painted, and certain plastics. All
painted surfaces must be cured per the manufacturer's requirements. When applying decals to plastic surfaces, allow proper
time for out gassing.
Apply the decal when the surface and ambient air temperature is between 16-373 °C (61-99 °F).
NOTE: Applying the decal near the minimum temperature specification, the adhesive bond will develop more slowly than temperature in the mid to upper specification range.
IMPORTANT: Do not shortcut the cleaning process. All of the surfaces are considered contaminated prior to a thorough
surface cleaning preparation.
1. Mix a solution of 29.5 cc (1 fl oz) liquid dishwashing detergent with 3.7 Liter (4 US qt) of warm water.
2. Rinse cowl with clean water.
3. Dry the cowl with a clean Meguiar‘s Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel.
4. Avoid detergents or preparations that contain waxes, oils, or lotions.
1. Mix a solution of isoprooyl alcohol and water to a 1:1 ratio. Store in a spray bottle and identify the solution with a label.
2. Saturate a clean paper towel with the isopropyl alcohol and water solution.
3. Wipe the cowl with the saturated towel followed immediately with a lint-free towel before the solution evaporates.
NOTE: Isopropyl a/coho/ evaporates quickly. You must Wipe the surface immediately after applying the solution.
4. When the paper towel becomes contaminated with dirt, discard it and use a clean paper towel saturated with the
isopropyl alcohol and water solution.
5. Ensure the surface has no contamination and is completely dry.
6. Start to apply the decals immediately after solvent cleaning.
1. Ensure that the surrounding work area and the surface are properly cleaned to avoid contamination.
90-8M0143239 eng MARCH 2018 © 2018 Mercury Marine - Page 1 / 16